Recently, i came to know that MicroStrategy has released their MSTR 10.1 version to resolve/fix the customer driven issues on MSTR 10 and also some new enhancements added on top of MSTR 10 such as D3 visualization on Mobile support and adding command manager directly on System Manager work flow etc.. As per my research or study , below were the key highlights and things to know regarding the Microstrategy 10.1
- Introduction of Presentation Mode in MicroStrategy 10.1 Secure Enterprise Web Platform:
Learn More about Presentation Mode here:
TN257502: New in MicroStrategy 10.1 – Interactive and Flash document view modes deprecated
- Support Data Wrangling for databases to extend wrangling to all sources
- Improve current MicroStrategy 10.1 Desktop server connectivity performance, stability and workflow
- Run report from Server on MicroStrategy 10.1 Desktop
- General workflow and stability enhancements
- Support Attribute Object Selector on Grid
- Improved PDF export capabilities
- Calendar selector enhancements
- Hyperlinks in Graph
- New DB connectors for WH supported databases mostly
New in MicroStrategy 10.1
- You can import users from a CSV file with the IMPORT USERS FROM FILE command.
- In the results of the LIST PROPERTIES FOR DOCUMENT CACHE command, DBConnection information is included.
New in MicroStrategy Mobile for iOS
- You can use third-party visualizations, such as D3 visualizations, in your Mobile dashboards and documents.
- The default map displayed by map visualizations has been changed to ESRI Maps.
- Support for iOS 9
New in MicroStrategy Mobile for Android
- You can customize the authentication workflow in the Android app, using the Mobile SDK. For steps to customize the Android app, see the MicroStrategy Developer Zone (MSDZ).
· You can add Command Manager statements directly into a System Manager workflow.
- When importing data, you can decide which data sources and databases to make available on the Import Your Data page. You can choose to display only the data sources that you use regularly, to help simplify the data import process. Similarly, you can select which databases to hide or display from the list of databases that is displayed when you import data from a database or Hadoop.
- You can wrangle (or refine) data from a database.
Rest of the information’s were all customer driven fixes applied on top of MSTR 10.
Reference: ReadMe File
Have a Great Day & Happy Reading!!