In some business scenarios, it is required to export the current Project Configuration Settings as a backup file. And the file needs to be clear and readable. This tech note shares two methods to accomplish this.
Take MicroStrategy Tutorial Project for example, Command Manager can be used to get the settings.
- Connect to MicroStrategy Analytics Modules in Command Manager;
- Run the following script:
LIST ALL PROPERTIES FOR PROJECT CONFIGURATION IN PROJECT "MicroStrategy Tutorial";
- Right mouse click on Results Pane -> Results -> To Text;
- Copy and paste the results into a .txt file.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 in the first solution;
- Save the script as <script file name.scp>;
- Run the following script from command line:
cmdmgr -n "<Project Source Name>" -u <Login> -p "<Password>" -f "<the location of the script file>" -or "<output file name>.txt"
Take Tutorial Project for example, the script can be:
cmdmgr -n "MicroStrategy Analytics Modules" -u administrator -p "" -f "C:Program Files (x86)MicroStrategyCommand managerlist_project_configuration.scp" -or "result.txt"
- If the Administrator is running the above script, the result file would be created at location “C:UsersAdministrator”;
- The output file is txt format and easy to read: