I am pretty sure, below tech note will definitely help for organization where they would need to restrict users (Developers/Architects/Administrators) not to create too many project source (of different versions or same versions of MicroStrategy product).
- If Dev A, have MSTR Desktop 9.3
- Creates Project Source for Dev Server on MSTR 9.3 Server A
- Creates Project Source for Sandbox/Test Server on MSTR 9.5 Server B
- Then, the above person Dev A will cause MD inconsistency when he connects to MSTR 9.5 Server B – as its of higher version connected from lower version
- so, it is always advised not to perform such actions & to restrict them in doing it is the below steps outlined
Tech Note Details
Imagine there are several different MicroStrategy Intelligence Server deployments and versions available in the company network, and users can create project sources from their own Desktop machines to such Intelligence Server deployments. In such situations there may be version configurations that are not supported and could cause product issues. Therefore it may be beneficial to prevent Desktop users from creatingproject sources.