I would like to share new features that are released as part of MicroStrategy 10.1 which helps end users:
- New Search Feature — makes the life easier for the end user to identify the objects/reports/dashboards they are looking for quickly
- Existing Dashboard to LAYOUT — Reduces the development efforts 🙂 drastically
- Single View Mode for Dashboards — earlier there were multiple modes and difficult to explain to customers/end users – as they were all techie.. now it has called simple as “PRESENTATION MODE” . There are certain CONS to it – but i believe, MicroStrategy will address those in coming hotfix/patch/version releases..
- Data Wrangling — Helps end users or business users to perform clean up of data on the fly easily than back and forth IT discussions for immediate analysis… Ofcourse there are CONS to it , but MicroStrategy keeps updating them as and when the issues are reported – such as this HANG of web while doing the wrangling..
- Customisable Navigation Bars — Helps to reduce SDK efforts 🙂
- Recent Viewed Objects — Helps customers to take a quick look of most recently used dashboards quickly by this feature
- Find Dependents From Web — It might seem irrelevant at web level, but considering the more productive users of the MicroStrategy web application will be interested to know it for his perusal..
- Simplified Menu — As more and more users started using different BI tools in market — this has become cumbersome of earlier menus being occupied a lot on the header section screen.. so this is avoided now & has made more cleaner for usage…
- Usher User Registration integration — this is now integrated at the MSTR Web page itself.. This enables the users themselves to register and get access to MicroStrategy sites to get Usher badge immediately upon their need.. CONS to it are there — but Administrators need to monitor effectively when there are extensive user community accessing the applications..
- Dedicated Usher Login Authentication Enabled
- _Interface Plugin is removed — it has become now Out of the Box plugins 🙂
- Calendar Selector for Mobile — It is one of the best value add for the end users for mobile community
- Create Object Consolidation Web — better UI look and feel
- Layout & Group By Bar Integrated — better look and feel for end user experience..
- User Preference Change — better user experience
- Current Location Feature on Map Widget — end user requirements at times 🙂
- ESRI Map Support for RSD — Added advantage for end users
- Bubble Graph enhancements on VI — removes scroll bar and shows as COMPACT view
- Recent Search History Prompts/Filters Mobile — Added features for end users for mobile community
- Clustering Maps Enable/Disable for Mobile — Added features for mobile users
Lot more exciting changes that are there as part of this release and glad to know about it that keeps customers happy at the end of the day 🙂
Happy Reading !!