Generally, HTML Container will be used for any of the below cases
– When you want to call an external website inside MicroStrategy Dashboard(Like Google/Wiki Pages)
– When there is a need to show some text to display with animation effects using HTML Tags. (i.e.) simple example would be usage of marquee tag inside HTML container to move the text in required direction for set frequency
How to access HTML Container:
1) Goto MicroStrategy Desktop for easier working/development (or) do the same in MicroStrategy web
2) Create Document/Dashboard
3) Insert the HTML Container (From Insert menu or go for short-cut icons with HTML tag symbol
4) Give the required HTML codes inside HTML container inserted.
5) Run the dashboard/document in Web and see for execution
Points to Note:
Execution Modes are
– Editable Modes &
– Not all HTML codes are supported flash modes of MicroStrategy Web.
Kindly make note of it when you work.
Advise From Me:
I would advise you to use it inside Documents(As we don’t go for flash view) OR go always for mobile/ipad dashboards which runs on interactive mode where in can make use of it for effective designing…
One Sample(KB) is explained below:
<FONT color, face, size>
<IMG src, width, height, align, hspace, vspace, id, checkPolicyFile>
<P align, class>
<TextFormat blockindent, indent, leading, leftmargin, rightmargin, tabstops>