Please find below the information regarding the process of doing the same.
- Download Information:
- Download URL : https://resource.microstrategy.com/ResourceCenter/MADRegistration.aspx
- Download file size: ~ 300MB
- Download Time: ~ 3 min (With typical network speeds)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (Note: Please refer to the ReadMe for details)
- Processor Speed : 1GHz and above
- x86 or x64 compatible processors
- 4GB RAM
- At least 1 GB free hard disk space
Please note that MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop cannot be installed on machines currently running MicroStrategy software. If installing on a different machine is not possible, MicroStrategy recommend it to use as Software-as-a-Service application, MicroStrategy Analytics Express
Steps to Install
Once you have downloaded the file, unzip and start the process of running the setup
Click No & Reboot your machine if it throws this error. Else, Process to next step
After Reboot start with the installation
– Click the Exe downloaded (ie) After unzip of setup file from it
Click Next & Perform as mentioned below
Change the desired location to install it. Also make sure, you have enough space requirements in your machine.
– Click Finish & Launch the MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop (Enjoy with it J )
– Start-up screen à Which looks cool
– Here goes, the MicroStrategy Analytic Desktop (Just the Web Interface with import data from files/databases/free form SQLs/ Dashboarding/etc on cloud service)
– You have Videos/Sample Dashboards/etc to playaround. Looks Cool –> but all here is, they are trying to bring the MicroStrategy Desktop into Web & this is the initial kick off of the same from MicroStrategy & a good attempt (though it was made earlier & available with existing MicroStrategy Web – all these features)
Refer the below MicroStrategy site & watch out the videos in it.
Have a Good Day!!
Note: Referred from MicroStrategy to share this info for the other folks around the world & to know about the latest trends happening about MicroStrategy as a powerful BI tool.