With latest release of MicroStrategy 10.1, they have announced that Flash & Interactive Modes to be deprecated starting from 10.1 & it will all be EXPRESS MODE going forward which is called as “PRESENTATION MODE”.
- Existing Dashboards will have the options shown as “Flash Deprecated”
- New Dashboards will allow only “Presentation Mode” as run-time mode
- Newly created documents using MicroStrategy Web 10.1 only allow Presentation mode as runtime mode.
- For any existing document that is configured with Interactive or Flash mode as default execution mode, Interactive or Flash moderemain the default run mode. In the document properties, the “Run as default” value will be renamed to “Interactive (deprecated)” or “Flash (deprecated) respectively.
Important note: Due to a known issue with MicroStrategy Web 10.1, documents set to Interactive mode as default view mode do not show “Interactive (Deprecated)” but “Flash (deprecated)” instead. This issue is currently under review and a fix is being reviewed for MicroStrategy Web 10.1 Hotfix 1.
- If users expand this dropdown box and pick any other options than “Interactive (deprecated)” or “Flash (deprecated)” and apply this change, none of the deprecated view modes will be available if this document is saved and reopened.
- Using MicroStrategy Developer, the deprecated Interactive or Flash mode can be enabled as default view mode for existing and new documents. For future releases, the development of features and enhancements will be focused on Presentation mode and support for deprecated view modes will be limited. Therefore it is recommended creating documents for Presentation mode.