Starting in MicroStrategy Desktop 9.0.2, the Portable Documents feature can be used to export a Report Services document template and import it into blank documents. This feature is particularly useful for recreating documents that have object corruption without having to manually recreate the formatting on a new document.
Exporting the Document Template:
- More than one Report Service documents can be chosen when creating the template.
- Export Report Service document template will create a package in the source project.
Importing the Document Template:
- All datasets and their components will show in the Source Document Template section.
- Objects(Attribute forms, Metrics) can be mapped in the Replace With section.
- Import document template will import the package to the destination project.