I believe, the below tech note provide insights to the end users who are facing issues with MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop…
MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop Troubleshooting FAQ
1. My firewall is blocking this program, what do I do?
Depending on your firewall settings, you may see a message that your firewall has blocked components of MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop. Analytics Desktop requires network access to run.
For example, if you use Windows Firewall and receive a message, click Allow Access. Set your firewall to allow network access for MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop (MSTRAnalyticsDesktop.exe) and MicroStrategy Intelligence Server (MSTRSvr2.exe). See your firewall’s third-party documentation for steps.
The firewall message:
2. I downloaded MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop, but I can’t find the .exe file or the .exe file is not working.
You may have to extract the downloaded files to locate the MicroStrategyAnalyticsDesktop.exe file. When extracting the files, ensure that the extraction software maintains the folder structure of the compressed files. Most extraction software maintains the folder structure by default, but if you use WinRAR, ensure that you select the Extract Full Paths option.
3. Can I install MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop if I have other MicroStrategy products installed on my computer?
Analytics Desktop and Analytics Enterprise cannot concurrently be installed on the same machine. If you have Analytics Enterprise installed on your computer, we recommend installing Analytics Desktop on a different computer, uninstalling Analytics Enterprise, or using our Software-as-a-Service application, Analytics Express.
4. Why don’t I see any databases drivers available when trying to connect to a database in Analytics Desktop?
Database drivers are not provided in the installation of Analytics Desktop. To obtain a driver, please contact your database provider.
5. My visualizations are not working or my visualizations are showing up as grids when I export to PDF.
Analytics Desktop requires Adobe Flash. Please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash on your computer.
6. Can I build pixel-perfect documents, schedule personalized deliveries, design custom mobile interfaces, or view my dashboard on an iPad in Analytics Desktop?
These features are not included in Analytics Desktop. Please use Analytics Express or Analytics Enterprise to access these features.
7. Can I use Analytics Desktop offline?
Yes. Most of Analytics Desktop’s functionalities are available locally on your computer allowing users to import, visualize and analyze data while offline. The ESRI map visualization alone requires a live internet connection to provide up to date maps.
8. Where is the default MicroStrategy Analytics Desktop folder?
By default, Analytics Desktop is installed in C:Program Files (x86)MicroStrategy
9. I can’t import the .mstr file into Analytics Enterprise or Analytics Express.
.mstr files can only be imported in Analytics Enterprise in MicroStrategy 9.4.1 HF1 or above.
10. I can’t import a document file (.rst, .mmp) from Analytics Enterprise into Analytics Desktop or Analytics Express.
Analytics Desktop and Analytics Express do not support document files.
11. After uploading an Excel file, my data is displayed incorrectly on the “Review Data” screen.
There are a few reasons why the data is not being uploaded properly.
• You may have selected the wrong sheet or tab from the Excel file
• Your data is not organized in a tabular or crosstabbed format.
• There may be an entire blank row in your Excel file.
• The “Review Data” screen only shows a preview of the first 50 rows of data. All of your data will be imported even if you can’t see it in the preview.
12. Why are my values formatted incorrectly (ex: “#,##0_);(#,##0)”) and how do I change it?
During the dashboard creation process, Analytics Desktop reads the number formatting in the Excel worksheet that contains your data and automatically attempts to apply the same formatting to the data in your dashboard. For best results, apply number formatting to the data in Analytics Desktop, rather than in Excel. Please refer to the Formatting Numeric Values in a Visualization page in the Analytics Desktop web help guide.
13. Analytics Desktop thinks my attributes are metrics and my metrics are attributes.
Analytics Desktop scans your data and tries to determine which columns are attributes and which columns are metrics. If Analytics Desktop guessed incorrectly, on the “Review Data” screen please click the drop down menu next to your incorrect column and change it to the correct option.
14. My dashboard disappeared or my dashboard is blank.
Did you recently change/delete a column name? It is possible that a column you recently deleted was being used as part of a dashboard filter criteria, and the filter may have been deleted incorrectly. Please contact our Technical Support group for further assistance, or post your question on our Discussion Forum.
15. Why are there objects I did not import showing up in my dataset objects pane, or why do I see Month, Year, Quarter of Year in my data set objects pane when I did not have them in my data source?
Analytics Desktop makes your life easier by automatically including time and geography attributes as part of your dataset objects. For example, if you only had one time related column in your dataset in the format of mm/dd/yyyy, Analytics Desktop will automatically generate attributes for Day, Month, and Year for you to use in your dashboard. If you do not want to import these objects, you can click on the time and geography attributes on the Review Data screen and uncheck them.
16. My expression/function is not working correctly.
If your new Analytics Desktop object is giving incorrect results or producing an error, please refer to the MicroStrategy Functions Reference Product Manual in the Knowledge Base. If you believe everything is written correctly, please contact our Technical Support group for further assistance, or post your question on our Discussion fForum.
17. I uploaded my spreadsheet, reviewed my data, and selected a visualization, but now I don’t see my dataset objects.
Please click on the “Show” button on the top toolbar, then select “Dataset Objects.” You should now be able to see all of your objects and can start creating amazing visualizations.