In MicroStrategy 9.x Distribution Services, it is possible to create an email subscription to a report or Report Services document which will be executed when a certain conditional threshold is met based on another executing report. For example, a scheduled report executes which shows the Revenue by day for the past week. If the Revenue on any one day falls below a certain value, a subcription to another report can be triggered and delivered to a recipient.
The following example will walk through the basic steps on how to setup a subscription based on an alert like this:
- In MicroStrategy Web 9.x, edit or execute a report.
- Right-click on the metric header to apply the condition or threshold and select ‘Alerts’:
- Specify the conditions to meet for the delivery to be triggered in the filter editor:
- Expand the Delivery Settings section.
- Specify the desired delivery options including recipient address, subscription name, delivery format, compression options and the schedule to run the report and check the condition.
- To deliver the same report when the condition is met, select the ‘Send all data. Format cells that meet condition’ option. To deliver a different report or document when the condition is met, select the ‘Send different report or document’ and select the report/document to deliver:
- Click OK to save the alert subscription.