Can users monitor MicroStrategy on Linux in the similar way to Desktop, such as monitoring the cache status, job status and so on?
The command ‘mstrctl -s IntelligenceServer gs’ on Linux returns MicroStrategy Intelligence Server status. It contains information as below.
- Computer Name
- Authentication Mode
- Process Id for the DSSSERVER.EXE process
- Time the process was started
- Execution Mode
- Version information of the Intelligence Server
- Build Number
- Intelligence Server port
For detailed information about server status, please refer to the tech-note below.
TN 14362– MicroStrategy Intelligence Server 9.x status stored in the file system in the file ‘status-iserver.xml’
On Desktop Users can monitor various aspects of MicroStrategy system. The Administration category for a project source contains several system monitors for that project source, as list below.
- Projects loaded on Intelligence Server, or on all nodes of the cluster
- Projects loaded on specific nodes of the cluster
- Jobs that are currently executing
- Us that are currently connected to Intelligence Server
- Active and cached database connections
- Report and document caches
- History List messages
- Intelligent Cubes, whether or not they are loaded on Intelligence Server
Since Desktop cannot be installed on Linux, users are unable to get information above on Linux.