Today as part of Friday Fun, thought of sharing this ON DEMAND video shared by MicroStrategy detailing out the administration capabilities provided using Workstation
Workstation – What is it ?
Workstation is next-gen tool developed by MicroStrategy to replace all we do in prior versions (9.x or 10.x or 11.x ) into one Unified platform called as Workstation. (i.e.) replace developer, object manager, command manager, integrity manager, user manager, system managers, security, etc ., & have everything in one umbrella. It is an GREAT Idea/Vision/Mission & they are in phased approach to provide the features into the product. I would say, it has improved a lot than it was 2-3 years back.
Definition by MicroStrategy is listed below
- It is an powerful tool that lets you administer and control both projects and environments, providing tools for data discovery and visualization.
- Workstation makes it easy to build compelling visualizations and interactive dossiers in a matter of minutes and then easily share those dossiers with others.
Example : How to create an Bar Chart easily ?
Here you go with the WebCast that provides detailed explanation of current capabilities that MicroStrategy Workstation provides now in 2020.
URL : https://www.microstrategy.com/us/resources/library/webcasts/comprehensive-administration-with-workstation
What can you expect from this WebCast ? My views are below:
- Cooking example with MicroStrategy tool (i.e.) Old vs New(Modern) ~ Love the comparison 🙂
- Unified Product
- Roles (Developer, Administrator, Consumer)
- Frequency of Workstation Usage in your life
- Workstation Overview
- Demo of Administration capabilities
- Advantages of Workstations
- User Management (Authentication: Standard, AD/LDAP – Configuration, Users/Groups, Security roles)
- Scripts (Python script)
- Application Management (Schema, Public Objects, etc.,)
Hope you find them useful!!
Futuristic Expectation – my expectation down the line this tool is going to become are shared
When down the line in next 5 – 8 years from now (i.e.) 2025 – 2028 ~ I expect 50 to 60% of customers might/would have moved to CLOUD (AWS, Google, Azure or etc.,) –
- How does Workstation plays an key role to provide an enterprise flavor with unified product makes the life easier for business + IT.
- How can you easily upgrade with click of an button ?
- How can you provision an user easily ?
- How can you view telemetry data for an object, dashboard, reports, cubes , etc. ?
- How can you view Mobile Usage ?
- How can you view Hyper Cards usage ?
- How can you automate the tasks for business users or administrators ?
- How can you create, modify or delete subscriptions easily with clicks ?
- How can you burst your reports/dashboards using workstation ?
- How can you design an responsive dashboards ?
- How can you configure it on Voice-controlled devices like Alexa, Google Home or etc., ?
- How can you compare and test your dashboards or reports across environment or across different versions comparison ?
- How can you utilize ML & AI with Workstation ?
- How can you duplicate the projects ?
- How can you migrate the objects from one environment to other easily ?
- Lot more.. definitely
Hope the On Demand Web Cast helps you to know more about current Workstation product in MicroStrategy 2020!!
Enjoy your weekend!!