I had the issue with EXPORTING Images of FLASH Dashboard to MHT file & below tech note helped a lot to knock out the issue 🙂 Happy Reading!
It is recommended to use HTTP path to reference an image other than relative path or absolute path.
If user has to use relative path to reference image, multiple locations need to store the copy of image as shown in the following table:
- MicroStrategy Web Server is not involved in storing image when exporting. Image should be stored in Intelligence Server or MicroStrategy Desktop Client
- For MicroStrategy Desktop export, local MicroStrategy Desktop handles the export, image should be placed on every single Desktop machine
- If you don’t know your Common Path or MSTR Home Path you can obtain them from the following registry keys if using windows or msireg.reg if using Unix
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE –> SOFTWARE –>Microstrategy –> DSS Server -> Casetor –>Home Path
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE –> SOFTWARE –>Microstrategy –> DSS Suite –> Common Path